Tips on Wedding Thank You Card Wording
Before you sending thank you card, you should prepare list of the guest, and several planning facets. In can guide you when check each gift’s details against the sender from your invitation list. To organized and efficient work collect all need item, such as thank you card stationery, pens, stamps, etc.
Words to Write in a Wedding Card
That is why you should follow these few simple tips when writing your thank-you notes to help you get started :
- You have a lot of options for what to share in a wedding card, whether you offer encouragement, humor or advice. Spend some time coming up with a personal message unique to the couple and yourself, as the bride and groom
- The thing is, if someone is generous enough to give a gift, a personal acknowledgment is the only way to respond. It shows you’re truly grateful and you care about the giver.
- Very few people seem to know this, but the “thank you” isn’t supposed to be the lead in, either. Don’t just thank them for the gift; thank them for attending your wedding or shower. By thanking them for attending, it lets them know that their presence was noticed and appreciated.
- Try something like, “[Fiance's name] and I were so thrilled to see you at the wedding! We’re so glad you could spend our special day with us.//The toaster you got us is just the one we wanted. We will certainly put it to good use!//Best wishes, [Bride and Groom's names].”
- It sounds personal, but once you get the hang of it, you can adapt it to different situations pretty quickly. Guest couldn’t make it? “thrilled to see you at the wedding…so glad..” becomes “so sorry you couldn’t make it. We hope we can see you before too long,” etc., etc.
- Always end your note with “Love,” or “Sincerely,” depending on how close you are to the gift giver. You should also sign the card in both you and your spouse’s names. For instance, “Love, Jim and Elaine” or “Sincerely, Jim and Elaine Roberts”. A formal closing is always important, and even if your spouse isn’t helping you write the thank-you cards, it is important to include him in the note to show his gratefulness for their gift as well.