Wedding thank you note Etiquette and wording sample
Weddings are a great occasion for gift-giving as relation, family-members and loved ones customarily honor the commitment of the newly betrothed by showering them with wedding gift. Approach thank-you notes with as much thought and organization as the rest of your wedding planning process.
Most couples are sending thank you Note within three months upon receiving the gifts from their relatives and friends. But, sending thank you notes depends on when you receive their presents. Couples who take thank you note seriously would ideally prepare the cards during the wedding planning.
There is etiquette when sending wedding thank you notes for the gifts that were received before the wedding, received on the wedding day, gifts that were received during pre-wedding parties, gifts for the host, and even gifts for wedding attendants.
If there are some people who sent you gifts before your wedding day, thank them by sending thank you cards within two weeks upon the arrival of the gifts. Wedding guests who prefer to give wedding presents prior to the wedding day have a common reason in mind: they don’t want to bring a bulky wrapped gift to the wedding. An appropriate thank card informs the giver that his/her gift has been received promptly.
Wording Wedding thank you note
Thank you notes should express the gratitude and appreciation of both the bride and the groom. Bellow some idea for wording example to get started:
- To more distant friend, relative, or business colleague:
- Dear Mr.& Mrs. John
- Thank you so much for the lovely vase. It will go beautifully on our kitchen table, and Meghan and I will think of you each time we use it. Thanks again for sharing our joy.
- TO someone who could not make it to the wedding but still sent a gift.
- Dear Anne & Dee Nyoon,
- Thank you both very much for completing our sterling place setting collection. Martin and I look forward to using it at every special dinner we host. We truly missed you both on our special day and look forward to seeing you soon.
- To a close friend or relative:
- Dearest Julia,
- Thank you so much for the generous gift. As you know, John and I have been saving for a new home and your contribution will help greatly. We cannot wait to have you over for a housewarming party very soon! Thanks again for thinking of us and for sharing in our special day.